The Keep Theatre
what is "the keep"?
The Keep Theatre will build a foundation of strength and heart reflecting and
nurturing the diverse artistic experiences of our community.
Sharon Bajer was inspired to create the company after her acclaimed production of Catalpa at the 2017 Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival. Sharon has been creating theatre for over 25 years, and continues to explore new territory as an actress, playwright, and director.
By creating an environment of nurturing and inclusiveness for artists who choose to live in Manitoba, and a theatre that will inspire and welcome them, The Keep Theatre is a place where artists can take risks, explore work that exists outside the mainstream, and sink their teeth into exciting, boundary pushing plays.
We offer audience members an experience that starts the moment they walk through the doors and strive to present unforgettable theatre that will delight and move them.
Just. Great. Theatre.
What We Are Passionate About:
- Providing a space for new and exciting art to happen.
- Producing new works, and new takes on existing works.
- Providing training and collaboration opportunities for new and established artists alike.
- Create the theatre that we have been craving to see.
- Exploring space-based and space-inspired takes on productions centering around the CFR Heritage building we call home.
- Producing work that gives a voice to a diverse group, and those that have not been heard.
- Form exciting and kinetic partnerships with artists and artist run initiatives to further an inclusive and united arts community.